Enhancing Illinois’ tech ecosystem
University of Chicago
Innovation and entrepreneurship can happen anywhere – coffee shops, kitchen tables, decks and balconies. IN2 is the place for Fox Valley entrepreneurs to make their innovative idea the next big thing. From one-on-one mentoring from tech industry leaders to below-market co-working rates to leveraging IMSA’s network of community partners, area startups have the support to succeed.
LaunchPads connect a vibrant community of entrepreneurs, programmers, educators, and students at the globally-recognized Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy’s new IN2 innovation center in Aurora, IL with its network across Illinois. Two startups are selected annually from a national network of incubators, accelerator programs, venture capital firms, universities and other channel partners.
LaunchPad Feature and Benefits
- Rent-free, dedicated space at the 6,400 sq-ft IN2 innovation center including access to Wi-Fi, business development services, free parking, access to prototyping facilities, café and other amenities through May 2018
- Access to students and educators for product validation and demonstration, pilot projects, market research and other collaborations — both at IMSA’s residential academy and through a network of hundreds of K-12 schools around Illinois
- Opportunity to partner with highly-skilled students — who have provided over 11,000 hours of programming and other support for startups at 1871, TechNexus, Matter and other startup communities — to develop and expand product offerings through the IMSA TALENT internship program
- Connection to IMSA and IN2 co-branding, events, networks, and marketing channels to build visibility for your business and product —part of the globally-recognized education innovation associated with the Academy
IN2 EdTech LaunchPad: The Robert M. ’89 and Ginger L. Chang STEM LaunchPad for Educational Technology aims to accelerate technology and product development by serving as an incubator and testbed for EdTech startups.
IN2 Impact LaunchPad: The IN2 Impact LaunchPad aims to advance the human condition is an incubator workspace for a promising early social entrepreneurship venture (SEV) or Illinois-based community project.
Daily, below-market co-working space and one-on-on mentoring for area tech-enabled startups, social entrepreneurs, and non-profits.
LINKubator Features and Benefits
- Shared workspace at the 6,400 sq-ft IN2 innovation center including access to Wi-Fi, business development services, free parking, café and other amenities
- Access to student interns (as available), mentors in the IN2 network, and programs from IN2 partners
- Use of makerspace equipment (3D printers, small CNC, prototyping tools) for an additional fee